Click on the link below for the latest edition of the LMETB Education & Training Network Newsletter.
Archive for month: November, 2023
Please see information below and attached in relation to a Parents Matter Online Event on 23rd November at 7:00pm . This event is in partnership with HSE Addiction Services in the South East to target parents in this region but will be accessible to anyone who wants to join.
The aim of the series is to hold a number of events to help empower parents on delivering drug education and prevention within the home. A series of topics will be covered relating to adolescence and development, substance use among teens and drug prevention and education. This online event will support parents to understand:
- The current drug and alcohol landscape, including the latest drug trends such as cannabis edibles and other substances of concern
- Their role in supporting healthy decision making by their children.
- The reasons why we seek to delay or avoid young people’s entry into the world of alcohol and drug use.
- The steps which parents can take to reduce the likelihood that their son or daughter develops a substance use problem
- The HSE Adolescent Addiction Service’s experiences in working with young people.
- The information and support options for concerned parents in their local are
More information and registration can be found at drugs.ie/parents
Click on the link below to see a copy of our latest newsletter outlining the programmes and groups we have in place that will be of interest to families.
‘INTRODUCTION TO SELF-HARM’ WORKSHOP
16th November 2023 at 10am
This workshop is suitable for those who seek to develop their awareness, knowledge and understanding of self-harm behaviour.
The ‘Introduction’ workshop is non-clinical and aims to covers the following elements:
- personal attitudes, concerns, questions in relation to self harm behaviour
- information on the various methods and types of self-harm
- the feelings and causes which may lead people to engage in self harm behaviour
- helpful and non-helpful responses in caring and supporting those engaging in self-harm behaviour
- provision of initial support and signposting to appropriate and relevant services.
- Registration can be completed by clicking the link: https://bookwhen.com/suicidepreventiontraininglouthmeath.
- Time: The length of the workshop is 2 hours with a 10 minute refreshment interval.
- Delivery is via online using Zoom. Training slides will be presented by the Facilitator and supporting documentation will be forwarded after the workshop.
- Technical requirements: For optimum access to the workshop, it is recommended that a Laptop/PC/Mac with camera and microphones are used by all participants.
- Log in details will be provided prior to the workshop.
For safety reasons, it is a requirement that all participants are visible for the entire workshop, i.e. cameras must be turned on. This will be advised and reiterated at the beginning and during the workshop by the Facilitator. Whilst it is acknowledged that this may be an issue for some people, it is suggested that it may then be worth considering if the timing is right for your participation in the workshop. Alternative workshop dates are advised on https://bookwhen.com/suicidepreventiontraininglouthmeath
Every November, the Irish Childhood Bereavement Network (ICBN) organise a series of awareness raising events across Ireland to highlight bereaved children’s needs and provide a voice for them to be heard. There will be a number of webinars for professionals exploring a range of issues facing bereaved children and highlighting ways for adults to provide appropriate compassionate support. There will also be online support session for parents and carers, as well as a media campaign and a range of local and regional events delivered by members and friends of ICBN.
For more information please click on the following link:
FIT in Dunshaughlin, Meath will be running an Advanced Manufacturing NFQ Level 4 course in November. Please click on the attached flyer for more information:
Below is a link to apply on their website https://fit.ie/course/fit-advance-manufacturing-local-training-initiative-dunshaughlin/
On behalf of the Anam Cara Midlands group, we wanted to let you know there is a meeting for bereaved parents on Wednesday, 8th November at 7.20pm in the Mullingar Park Hotel, N91 A4EP. Anam Cara is open to all bereaved parents, after the death of their child, regardless of age and through all circumstances. This evening gives them a chance to drop in and join our informal meeting, be in the company of other parents, who understand the journey of grief and loss they are going through.
Please see attached flyer for more information.
Following their hugely successful parenting webinar series last year, the Longford Westmeath (LW) CYPSC Parenting Webinar Series returns this November 2023. Hosted by Athlone Family Resource Centre, as part of the LW CYPSC Family Wellness Initiative, the webinar series with Gráinne Powell (see bio attached) will run over four weeks, commencing on 8th November. A webinar will run each Wednesday from 7pm to 8:30pm. The series is aimed at parents of children aged 0 – 18 years and professionals in the social care field who support parents and families through their work. Pre-registration is not required.
Participants can log on each week using the zoom links which are available in the attached pdf or by clicking on the individual webinar titles below.
8th November, 7pm : Webinar 1 – Healthy Happy Homes: Reducing Family Conflict
15th November, 7pm: Webinar 2 – Coping with Change & Managing Anxiety in Children
22nd November,7pm: Webinar 3 – Parenting Teens through Risky Times
29th November,7pm: Webinar 4 – Shared Parenting
Translate this page
You can translate the content of this page by selecting a language in the select box.