Please see information below and attached in relation to a Parents Matter Online Event on 23rd November at 7:00pm . This event is in partnership with HSE Addiction Services in the South East to target parents in this region but will be accessible to anyone who wants to join.
The aim of the series is to hold a number of events to help empower parents on delivering drug education and prevention within the home. A series of topics will be covered relating to adolescence and development, substance use among teens and drug prevention and education. This online event will support parents to understand:
- The current drug and alcohol landscape, including the latest drug trends such as cannabis edibles and other substances of concern
- Their role in supporting healthy decision making by their children.
- The reasons why we seek to delay or avoid young people’s entry into the world of alcohol and drug use.
- The steps which parents can take to reduce the likelihood that their son or daughter develops a substance use problem
- The HSE Adolescent Addiction Service’s experiences in working with young people.
- The information and support options for concerned parents in their local are
More information and registration can be found at drugs.ie/parents