‘INTRODUCTION TO SELF-HARM’ WORKSHOP
16th November 2023 at 10am
This workshop is suitable for those who seek to develop their awareness, knowledge and understanding of self-harm behaviour.
The ‘Introduction’ workshop is non-clinical and aims to covers the following elements:
- personal attitudes, concerns, questions in relation to self harm behaviour
- information on the various methods and types of self-harm
- the feelings and causes which may lead people to engage in self harm behaviour
- helpful and non-helpful responses in caring and supporting those engaging in self-harm behaviour
- provision of initial support and signposting to appropriate and relevant services.
- Registration can be completed by clicking the link: https://bookwhen.com/suicidepreventiontraininglouthmeath.
- Time: The length of the workshop is 2 hours with a 10 minute refreshment interval.
- Delivery is via online using Zoom. Training slides will be presented by the Facilitator and supporting documentation will be forwarded after the workshop.
- Technical requirements: For optimum access to the workshop, it is recommended that a Laptop/PC/Mac with camera and microphones are used by all participants.
- Log in details will be provided prior to the workshop.
For safety reasons, it is a requirement that all participants are visible for the entire workshop, i.e. cameras must be turned on. This will be advised and reiterated at the beginning and during the workshop by the Facilitator. Whilst it is acknowledged that this may be an issue for some people, it is suggested that it may then be worth considering if the timing is right for your participation in the workshop. Alternative workshop dates are advised on https://bookwhen.com/suicidepreventiontraininglouthmeath