The National Social Inclusion Office: Health Service Executive, will host the second ‘Parent’s Matter’ on the 21st of June from 7:00pm – 8:00pm.
The aim of the series is to hold a number of events to help empower parents on delivering drug education and prevention within the home. The June webinar will focus on increased socialisation during the summer months to support parents’ concerns.
A series of topics will be covered relating to adolescence and development, substance use among teen and drug prevention and education.
This online event will support parents to understand:
- The current drug and alcohol landscape, including the latest drug trends such as cannabis edibles and other substances of concern
- Their role in supporting healthy decision making by their children.
- The reasons why we seek to delay or avoid young people’s entry into the world of alcohol and drug use.
- The steps which parents can take to reduce the likelihood that their son or daughter develops a substance use problem
- The HSE Adolescent Addiction Service’s experiences in working with young people.
- The information and support options for concerned parents in their local are
More information and registration can be found at http://www.drugs.ie/parents.